In partnership with The University of Oxford we will embark on a 12-month cutting-edge research project that will use Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning focused on the human motive to contain insider threat, insider trading and fraud.
Layer cake is a ‘Human Motive Predictive Threat Model’ that draws on the experience of British intelligence and, multiple areas of psychological human behaviour research. These modalities are used to cluster accessible data sources into groups of high to low-risk threats and variances in between. These clusters help companies understand role model behaviours and flag the rising risk of threats in order to intercept before the threat occurs.
This research will include working with a cohort of companies who are supportive of new innovation in security. The initial research will run for 12 months and may extend to 24 months. During this time we will work closely alongside your business to ensure that the data, results and countermeasures produce measurable results with the main purpose of helping you protect yourselves from the inside out.
In partnership with Goldsmith University we are building on the seminal work of Humberto Maturana & Francisco Varela on autopoiesis and Niklas Luhmann on systems theory, at TCIDA we view a company as an ‘autopoietic’ entity. I.e. a company is a clearly delineated network of continually operational component producing, information-driven processes; bounded as an autonomous entity and existing within the space of its unique commercial trading environment (its ‘reality’). Under this conception, the essence of any company is nothing more than self-organising Information Flows (IFs) that persist over time across a company’s Communication Network (CN).
Thus, if a company’s Communication Network and Information Flows define the company, then appropriate monitoring of this structure and these flows will offer accurate Analytics on the company’s ‘health’ and ‘well-being’ (including, ex hypothesi, that of its component producing systems, processes and people).
At TCIDA, we consider a company’s ‘Communication Network’ to be a ‘Semantic Graph’ of nodes, where each node represents an employee and different communities of nodes identify the company’s various teams and groups. This ‘Hierarchical Analytics Framework’ thus entails the use of:
- Graphical methods to identify information flows and communities (both internally and externally [via scraping]);
- Co-clustering of communications to identify business processes;
- Sentiment analysis to identify message semantics;
- AI / ML & NLP to predict employee behaviours, trends etc.
The Hierarchical Analytics Framework we outline, grounded on company communication flows, is both ‘easy’ to implement (installed into a company’s extant communication systems: email and phone) and yet hard to ‘game’. At TCIDA we propose to investigate how we might use this approach to evaluate core HR questions such as:
- Which employees are key people in a company?
- What are the teams within a company?
- Which teams might be experiencing problems?
- What skills are related to the different roles?
- Who might be over/under worked?
- What is the likelihood an employee is looking for employment elsewhere?
- What is the possibility of an employee ‘going rogue’?
These research projects will include working with a cohort of companies who are supportive of new innovation in security and fraud/investigation. The initial research will run for 12 months. During this time we will work closely alongside your business to ensure that the data, results and countermeasures produce measurable results with the main purpose of helping you protect yourselves from the inside out.
Some Of The Benefits Of Joining The Cohort Include:
- Reduce your risk of insider risk whilst building a content and security conscious culture.
- Be at the forefront and market leader in supporting emerging security technologies.
- Gain a competitive advantage by showing your partners and clients added layers of data security that your competitors cannot show.
- Be part of research from the world’s top university strengthening your security footprint.
Contact Us To Find Out More
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]